Sunday, July 4, 2010

Huge Pear Shape Madeira Citrine Pendant

Some of you may remember this stone it used to be in a ring I made. It was so large that I couldn't wear it, and no one was interested in buying it. So i put it in a pendant and I love it. Now I have to decide on what color beads to make the necklace to put it on. I am leaning towards red coral, but blue, green, and even pink or orange would look awesome. So what do all of you think? What color should I blend it with to make a bead necklace?

Note this gemstone was given to me as a gift from my sister. It was sold to her as Madeira Citrine which I suppose it does qualify as because it does have an orange hue to it, but true Madeira Cirtine is a wine color. This stone is huge weighing over ten carats. I may or may not list it in my store, after I have completed the necklace portion.

4 comments:

Reeni said...

It's gorgeous Melissa! It's hard for me to decide on a color without seeing it next to it. The red strikes me as being a pretty combo.

Melissa said...

Thank you and I am leaning towards red but I think orange or yellow would be great too.

CastoCreations said...

I don't know...I wouldn't want to distract from the beauty of the stone with other colors that are too intense. It's stunning by itself!

Melissa said...

Good point, I did buy some Carnelian beads. I will see how it looks.

Contact Email