Monday, May 7, 2012

Painting Names and Flowers

I wish I had the time to paint every sing day, for hours at a time. Each time I paint something I think, well I could have did this or that, but then don't get to paint again for a few days sometimes. I love the concept of painting a name, I used my daughter's Caitlin, which is a large name, then adding flowers to the letters of the name. Then I thought why not paint the letters in the shapes of flowers. I will have to try that the next time. The jar shown has Caitlin painted all around it, you can only see part of her name. Then I tried to add vine and flowers. I did not care for the vine look at all, but the flowers I did. So, today I painted her name in white only, then added the flowers, and then a little garden of flowers underneath. I like this much better, though still not exactly what I want. I am hoping to get this how I like it, in the next few painting tries. I will be sharing some more of my paintings, and my daughter's as well, in the coming weeks. There is so much to learn, so little time.

3 comments:

betchai said...

Caitlin is so cute there modeling the painting, your paintings are always an inspiration to look at Melissa, you, Caitlin and DJ and of course your mom are a group of talents, hope your mom is feeling better now.

Melissa said...

Thank you, Betchai, we get a little bit better each time we paint.

emszee said...

wow..they are so cute..ur site is educational too

Contact Email