Thursday, January 17, 2013

One Stroke Painted Daisies

If you follow this blog, then you know I have been painting for over a year now, and I have really progressed so much. If you look at the bear below, which is painted on a recycled glass jar, and will be used for a Valentine's Day party for our homeschool group, then try to remember the one I painted last year. It is a huge difference. I should have taken a picture of them side by side to show the difference. I also have been practicing painting vines, flowers and leaves. I love these things and would love to paint them beautifully. They are a challenge for me though. I watched the video below several times, before I attempted her method of using the one stroke method with a round brush, rather than a flat edge brush. It was so much easier and the petals come out so nice. The framed daisies, will be available for purchase in my Etsy store soon. I am not sure if I am going to sell the vase. I really, really like it, and it looks lovely on my table. I found the red vase at a thrift store, and then of course I painted on the daisies. What have you painted, or crafted lately? Are you just starting to paint, or been doing it for a while?

No comments:

Contact Email