Tuesday, November 8, 2016

DIY Advent Calendar Idea #1

I love Advent Calendars.  I think my kids and I have done one every year, for 16 years.  I will be posting some ideas for DIY calendars, and then I will let my kids pick which one they like best.  The one below, in the video, is pretty affordable to make.  However, I would use a tri fold board from the Dollar Tree rather than a large canvas.  As a painter, putting all those pin holes in the canvas just seems like a waste to me.  You could also use the other two sides to draw a Nativity, or other Christmas images.  I am not sure I would use ornaments either, maybe a piece of candy, or some money for them to share.  We have so many ornaments, we don't need more, lol, though I love them.  I will try to add a new idea, every couple of days.  Do you do an Advent Calendar?  Share your ideas in the comments.  






Contact Email