Monday, September 9, 2013

The Common Grackle Bird Painting

The kids and I were supposed to paint the Common Grackle on Friday, for our Homeschool Art class. Unfortunately it is too hard to fit Art into a class day. So, we will be painting a new bird, each week, on Monday after dinner time. Today, we painted the Common Grackle. The Common Grackle is a type of blackbird with and iridescent and beautiful feather scheme. They have a very distinctive yellow eye. These can be seen in Florida and most of the Southern states. They usually travel in large flocks, and are quite aggressive to other birds. The kids decided to paint their bird on the page I printed out from the Audubon Bird coloring book. I painted mine free hand, and it will be available to purchase in my Etsy store. If you love birds, or know someone who does, this would be a lovely gift idea. Share your thoughts with me.

No comments:

Contact Email