Monday, December 22, 2014

I Love Nativity Ornaments

Are you ready for Christmas? I have just a couple more gifts to wrap, and one has not been delivered yet. That is kind of annoying three days before Christmas, but I should have ordered earlier. I have had some stressful life changes, over the past month. It was both relieving and stressful. But, now it looks like it was a good thing. All things happen for a reason, I truly believe that. If you follow this blog, then you know I am quite sentimental about Christmas ornaments. I am always looking for new ones to create. I have several ideas already working for next year. I have already begun thinking of Easter and Valentines Day too, lol.

Collecting sea shells, when we go to the beach, is one of my favorite activities. Sometimes I can only find really small ones, though, and I have to buy some at my local craft store. They are already cleaned and bleached if you buy them. Anyway when I saw this ornament idea in my head, it was amazing. The nativity on a three shell scene. So, this morning I got out my shells, and painted them. I can see where they need just a bit more touch up, but that is OK, they are not completed yet. I have to figure out how to attach them. I tried my glue gun, which normally holds anything, but apparently either it is old and not heating enough, or my glue sticks are bad. At any rate it didn't work. Then I tried Super Glue. That didn't work either. Someone on FB said I should drill a hole in them, but I am afraid they will break. I might have to do that though. I am going to see if I can wire wrap them first, and then attach to each other with jump rings. I think that will work. I have completed several other items as well, that I just have to share. Then, I have a few that need completing, lol. I have had 5 Ebay sales this month, so far, no Etsy sales though. I am in the process of making my Etsy store for new products, and made to order. I may also list my paintings there, that have not been listed more than 4 times. Two of the Ebay sales were handmade items, and three were not. What do you think of my Nativity ornaments?

 If I don't get back before Christmas, and I might not, Merry Christmas to you in whatever language you may speak it in. May your day be merry and bright.

No comments:

Contact Email