Sunday, December 28, 2014

What Is Your Birthstone?

Every now and then, I like to share videos about birthstones. I am always amazed how many people don't know what their birthstone is. For the month of December, the traditional birthstone is Blue Zircon, a rather expensive stone. Turquoise was added to the list, but Blue Topaz is often used in place of the Blue Zircon, due to its affordability. Blue is the most popular color gemstone in the USA, according to a report I read. When you watch the video below, not only does it show you the traditional color of your birthstone, but other colors the stone comes in. For example Zircon comes in all shades from white to black, and in between. So does Sapphire, for September, Diamond for April, and even Amethyst comes in both purple and green. The only one I kind of don't like, is the March birthstone, depicted in the video. The birthstone for March is Aquamarine, which is of course a beautiful blue color gemstone. In the video he shows other members of the Beryl family, such as Morganite and Goshenite, which are pink and white gemstones. They are not Aquamarine. Aquamarine only comes in shades of blue green, and blue. Other than that, I loved the video. I forgot to say, that a few years ago Tanzanite was also added as a December birthstone. Good luck getting a good quality, as well as good price on one of those. Don't forget to check out my Ebay store, select items on sale right now, and my Etsy store.  My Etsy store will mainly be for made to order items, but I am still going to have a small inventory of on hand items as well.  If you know of something you want, and think maybe I could make it, contact me. 




No comments:

Contact Email