Monday, February 8, 2010

Sugilite and Purple Agate Necklace


I love this piece, that I just made on Sunday. I do not normally do beading, but I bought my mother the most awesome focal gem beads for Christmas, that I had to get a couple for myself. The large focal bead is a Purple Agate, and can be worn on either side. Each side has its own unique design. The pictures did not come out great. I think I used the wrong setting. Anyway the purple beads that make up the necklace part, are Sugilite. Sugilite is a lovely deep purple color, with black veins in it sometimes. It is a healing gemstone, and is believe to increase your intuition, or psychic awareness. Sugilite is said to relieve headaches, and other pains, just by holding it. It looks really nice on too, and if you love purple this is the gems for you. I am still not sure what I will sell this for, as I have never actually created a full piece, totally from scratch. I do like to keep my prices reasonable, and affordable so everyone can afford a piece of lovely jewelry. It will be in my Etsy store, with in the next couple of days. Let me know what you think of it. By the way the smaller spacer beads, are just rainbow beads, not real gems just added nice color, and contrast.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The purple agate is so beautiful!

Melissa said...

Thank you Rebecca.

Contact Email