Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Alexandrite

The other birthstone for June is Alexandrite. Because it is rare and very expensive in good quality, most people will use Pearl for the June birthstone. The video below is a newer one I found that shows the color change phenomena of Alexandrite, plus has other great information about Alexandrite. I personally love Alexandrite, it is one of my favorite gemstones. My children were born in May and July so my Alexandrite ring serves as my mother's ring. It is emerald by day and ruby by night. I have shared pictures of it in previous posts. I wear it quite frequently.


4 comments:

betchai said...

i am not so familiar with stones, so anything that looks good and not expensive i will wear :)

Melissa said...

Betchai there is also synthetic Alexandrite that is really beautiful and affordable.

Felix said...

Betchai is a very cute name. How affordable are they??
http://www.alexandritering.co.uk/

Melissa said...

Felix I am sure Betchai is flattered. Your lab alexandrites are very affordable and lovely.

Contact Email