Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Make A Candy Bouquet

Those of you who read this blog regularly know that I am learning to paint. I have been sharing some of my progress on this blog. Tomorrow my kids have a Valentines Day homeschool party, and I painted this cute glass vase and then made a candy bouquet.

This really was not that hard. I painted the cute bear with petals falling all around her. Each side has something different on it, roses, vines with leaves and the word love with puffy hearts.

To make the bouquet I just added flower foam to the glass vase, hot glued a variety of Valentines candy to popsicle sticks and stuck them in the foam at different angles and levels. Very easy, and very cute. I am thinking I might even do one for St Patricks Day. I am hoping to get good enough to paint on jewelry. Since I am still most comfortable with the medium to large flat brush, jewelry is still out of the question, lol! So what do you think? Have you ever made a candy bouquet?

3 comments:

betchai said...

you are so creative, Melissa, super like it.

Tara Waterman said...

This candy bouquet is somewhat cute as present for special someone not only for valentine's day but also any other occasion.

Melissa said...

Thank you Betchai and Tara. I never thought to make them as gifts, good idea. They charge a fortune at the local grocery store and flower store for such things.

Contact Email