Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wire Cuff Bracelet Watch

Those of you who read and follow this blog, know a couple of weeks ago I took a cuff bracelet and made it into a watch using craft wire. I have been wearing that watch ever since, and I love the comfort, feel and style of it. I looked at buying more cuff bracelets, unfortunately the price would make the finished watch too expensive. So, I decided to find a way to make a cuff bracelet in a easy affordable kind of way. I love craft wire. It comes in a huge variety of colors, and is very pliable and easy to use. I also find it durable, and also comes in different gauges to fit different projects. I try to do a project each Wednesday, since I am learning to paint, that has overshadowed jewelry making. But I just had to try the cuff idea. So I used black and mauve craft wire to make the cuff bracelet. Then the mauve craft wire to attach the watch face. You can see the results. I love this, but do not care for the end of the cuff on one side. I need to figure out how to do that better. Since this is my first attempt, I am very pleased. This will be for sale in my Etsy store in the near future, at a very affordable price. I have 7 more watch faces to experiment with. What do you think of this style?


No comments:

Contact Email