Monday, July 22, 2013

Butterfly Over Water Abstract Painting

This is my newest painting in my water and reflection painting challenged. Today I focused on some reflections in the water. I am calling this an abstract because obviously the sky and water are green with yellow and blue hues in it. The beautiful Monarch butterfly is perched on a lovely purple flower, which looks like a Lilac to me. I will be doing this painting in various colors and butterfly schemes. But, for now this is the one and only. It is signed and dated. It is done in acrylics on acid free acrylic paper. I hopefully will be attempting this one on canvas soon. It is not yet framed and will be available to purchase in my Etsy store, soon. I also painted the same image on a recycled jar. It only has one coat, and I always add at least two coats, sometimes three. That will be worked on tomorrow along with another water challenge painting. I saw a beautiful waterfall I might try. Hopefully, I will be making my own homemade body butter to add to my painted jars. But, that is in the future.

No comments:

Contact Email