Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wire Wrapped Cuff Bracelet, Lighthouse Painting and Moonlight Sail Painting

If you follow this blog, then you know I have not made any new jewelry pieces in a while. Last night I got out all the supplies to make a cuff bracelet today. I told myself I was going to paint, crochet and make a piece of jewelry. These Amethyst colored acrylic beads were the only beads large enough that I could use. I need to get some new beads, so I can make more of these. However, I do have watch faces, and may try that with some smaller beads in between. I had tried cuffs before, but couldn't get it quite right. Thanks to all free jewelry and this tutorial, I now know the basics of how to do it. I do not like a lot of wire, but I do like wire wrapping, just not too busy. I also painted this Moonlight Sail painting, which I absolutely love.  I had to use two coats of the blue paint, to get it as dark as I wanted.  I would have liked a navy color too, but that might have been too dark.  This was my first try, and I must say I did really good.  I started the lighthouse at sunrise, also, but it was a much lengthier painting than I anticipated.  It is about half done, and will be finished soon.  Be sure to check my Etsy store for all my fine items.  I offer a free layaway service, so shop now and pay as you go. 

No comments:

Contact Email