Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I Love Hummingbirds!

I have said before that painting nature is one of my most favorite things to paint. It is also one of my most frustrating things to paint, since I want my painting to look exactly like whatever it is I am painting. This is sometimes very difficult. I did one hummingbird painting, a few years back, that I love, but now I have drawn out two matching hummingbirds, on two separate canvas. They will be sold together, in my Etsy shop, once I get them painted. We have a hummingbird feeder, and I think the most I have had at once is three. They are so much fun to watch, and if they get used to you they will just stay there and let you watch. Some people even get the privilege to feed them from their hand. I would love that! I probably won't get a chance to paint them until next week, but that is ok. In the mean time I will watch videos to get their colors embedded in my brain.

 I also drew out two new wood burning projects. One for Mother's Day, that will be here before we know it, and another tree of love, that I absolutely love because the flowers look like Shamrocks. I didn't get it done in time for St Patrick's Day, but if you are Irish, or love Irish symbols, this piece of work will be special. Be sure to check back to see it, should have them done tomorrow.


No comments:

Contact Email