Monday, May 29, 2017

Make It Monday Fairy House and Butterfly Napkins

Welcome back to Make it Monday! Happy Memorial Day to all the families that have lost loved ones in wars to protect the freedoms of the rest of us. We thank you!

 Today, I got a lot done. I got some plants transplanted. I love free plants! If you don't know how to propagate plants, you need to learn. Maybe I will do a blog post on that. Some are easier than others, but almost all plants can be propagated. Today I tried Hydrangeas, and Camellias. Last week I did some Azaleas, which so far don't look real great, but I am hopeful. I have one rose bush, that I have propagated at least 4 times. It was a pricier rose bush, at 30 dollars, but I would say I got my money's worth.

 I bought this tiny wooden bird house, at my local craft supply store, put it together, and then sat down to paint it today. You can see the results below. I totally love how it came out. I was researching prices others are charging, and wow I was amazed. Since, like with my jewelry, I want my customers to actually be able to afford the fairy gardens they create, I will try to keep my prices as low as possible. I will be adding more fairy accessories to my Etsy shop, as I get them made. I will eventually make one of my own, or two, lol, but they would be hard to ship, so I will just sell the parts for someone else to make one. So many ideas, so little time.

 The second item, is a set of four, reclaimed and upcycled linen napkins that I painted flowers and butterflies onto. They are a set of 4, all with the same design, but may have slightly different color schemes just to keep it interesting.

I also got into the garage to do some very late spring cleaning.  I will be listing all kinds of things on Ebay as auctions.  Some older inventory, plus kids stuff will be available there.  Be sure to check it out to get some awesome deals.


No comments:

Contact Email