Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Coming in January!

Since Thanksgiving to this past weekend, my life has been super busy. Not only was I not able to do my Make it Monday, posts, because I was working every Monday, but then I had a job opportunity fall into my lap that I had to get ready for. So, I haven't had a lot of time to blog, or create new items. I will be having some big changes in January of 2018. I have spent most of 2017 learning some new skills, and perfecting others. Along with evaluating how I wanted to sell those items. Etsy just is not working for me right now, and hasn't for this whole year. I did have 3 sales so far in December, but it really is not enough to sustain the amount of fees I am paying out to advertise said items. So, after much thinking, researching, and deciding what would be best for me, I have decided to open an Ebay store in January. I have some items listed there already. Once the store opens, I will add inventory that has ended on Etsy, and all new items. I will keep a few items on Etsy, but most of my inventory will be moved to Ebay. I have had naysayers say you can't sell handmade on Ebay, and make any money. I just don't believe that is true. If someone loves your product, they will buy it. If something isn't going to sell on Ebay, then I see no difference then if it doesn't sell on Etsy. In the long run it is about saving money, and making profit when I do sell something. I can also sell my art items on Ebay, where Etsy makes me go through some arcane process to have outside manufacturing. Just a big time hog. So, be sure and watch for my new Ebay store at the beginning of January. I will also be running a sale every month, or shipping deals. I will also be returning to Make it Monday items. I might do a monthly theme each month.

 I would really love to start collecting emails from fans who would love to see my new items, and follow for sales, and specials. I don't want to sign up for an email collector, but if you would like to receive a weekly email update, or monthly, not sure, with new items and specials, you can either leave your email in the comments, or email it to me at melissaruede@yahoo.com with newsletter in the subject.

 The two items below are as follows, and available for purchase. The first item is a new item added to my Etsy shop about a week ago. It is 3 terra cotta pots with Peace, Love and Joy painted on. They are on sale right now, until December 20th when my shop will go on vacation, as are most of my Etsy items.

The second item is one of my original paintings of a Zentangle elephant applied to a studio pouch bag.  It is available on Ebay via my seller account. 

My Etsy shop is going on vacation on December 20th.  So, if you want to get any of my items for sale there before the sale runs out, hurry and get them now.



No comments:

Contact Email