Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Blue Footed Booby Galapagos Bird

I first saw the Blue Footed Booby while watching a nature show on the Galapagos, with my children. I thought it was such a unique bird with its beautiful blue feet. Then I saw a picture of one in National Geographic magazine that was donated to my children for school. So, I decided I wanted to paint one, or two, lol. Since I am continuing to learn and grow in my artistic skills, I decided to do some Christmas ornaments for the upcoming holiday season. I must tell you painting on these little ornaments is not easy. You drop them, and they need several layers of paint to look real nice. After I paint them, and am sure how I want them, they sit for two weeks, then are sealed with a good sealer. They are dated, signed by me, and numbered 1 and 2. I am not sure if I will do more of these, right now working on pairs of all ornaments I make. So, you could be the sole owner of a pair of Blue Footed Booby Christmas ornaments. Check out my Etsy store to purchase. Also all items in my store are now on a summer sale. Use code summer12. at checkout, to get 15% off listed price. Plus I offer a layaway service as well.

No comments:

Contact Email