Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Starry Night Black Resin Candle Holder

I got my birthday resin in the mail, and could not wait to create some new pieces. Yesterday morning, I set out deciding what to make, and how. This is one of them. I used black acrylic paint to dye the resin. The mold is actually a bangle bracelet mold, that I over poured to make the cavity for a candle to sit in, or on. I added blue and gold glitter with the star stickers to make it look like the night sky. You see the results below. I ordered two molds, also. A pendant mold, that came today, and a snowman mold that is not here yet. I love snowmen, can't wait to create some cute ornaments. The pendant mold is nice, and can't wait to give it a try. Now, I have a bunch more resin pieces to decide what to turn them into. A couple pieces, that had flaws, I used the new resin to fix. I was very pleased with that, except for one. I finished a beautiful baby cocoon as well, and two new paintings. Yesterday, was a very crafty day. That is what happens when it rains, lol. Today, I started an infant baby boy camouflage cocoon. Can't wait to offer that up for sale.


Remember, my Etsy shop offers FREE USA shipping, all year, every day. Plus a layaway service too!



4 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi M. :)

That is a beautiful candle holder and how clever to think to use a bangle mold :)

Can't believe we are thinking about Snowmen already but I guess I have been working of Fall Photos to go in my shop :)

I LOVE your end of summer painting, too cute :)

Have a lovely Thursday, cheers, T. :)

Melissa said...

Thank you! I know it is hard to believe, Summer is almost over. I love Fall!

A. Sparkle said...

Sounds like you've been very busy! I love candle holders.. You can never seem to have enough and having one with glitter is all the better. :)

Unknown said...

That is very cute! and great for the upcoming season!

Contact Email