Monday, May 18, 2015

Hand Painted Sea Turtle Flip Flops Summer Sandals

A couple of years ago, I attempted to paint on a pair of pink flip flops. I am a Buffalo Bills fan, so I painted the logo on said flip flops. They came out pretty good too. Except for one small problem, the sealer I use all the time was not strong enough to keep the paint on the flip flop when they got wet from sweat, or water. So, I didn't do anymore. Well I came across a sealer that I think will keep the image on the flip flops. So, tonight I sat down and painted some sea turtles on flip flops. This particular pair of flip flops, was not the cheap kind, and I had to use several layers of paint, because it kept absorbing into the flip flop. You see the results below. Now, I have to seal them, and wear them for a while, and get them wet, to see if my new sealer will work. If it does, then I will be painting flip flops, and selling them in my Etsy store. I will not be doing any football team logos, however, that is a copyright issue and I can not sell them. I could use team colors, I suppose. I also finished another painting for men, great for Father's Day, with a religious theme. I will share that shortly. The red, and black, diaper cake is just about finished. Hopefully by the end of this week I will have it all assembled and ready to list.

No comments:

Contact Email