Friday, July 22, 2016

Art Challenge Days 5, 6, and 7: Cold, Upcycle and Zentangle Flower with Ladybugs

Days 5, 6 and 7 are done. I have another item for Cold, but it is taking a while to make because I have limited time to work on it. Technically I have two more for cold, because they are both Winter themes. You can see both of these new items by clicking here, or clicking the My Etsy Shop widget in the left hand column.

 First is a painted plate, using paint pens and Sharpie permanent markers. All hand drawn then painted. This is a 10 inch plate, it can be eaten on, and washed by hand, not dishwasher safe. It features multi colored daises, with tangle patterns, and some ladybugs.

 Second to cover both upcycle, and cold is this recyled gallon jar into a hurricane lamp with an adorable snowman painted on. Again I used sharpie markers, but because I had no white I used acrylic paint, and some glow in the dark paint as well. This one can only be gently wiped with a wet cloth. I do sign all my items, and I heat set them as well. You can put a candle or solar light in there, or it can be a candy jar, cookie jar, or a vase even.

I am not sure what days I will do next.

No comments:

Contact Email