Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy New Year Bag, A Painted House and Glass Cabochons

I painted my second New Years bag, and I am unhappy with it. I just don't like the way the bear looks for a lot of reasons. I don't think I will be listing this one, but will attempt it again next week. I thought black and brown together would be nice for a bear, but it just looks icky. They eyes are not right either. I painted on two glass cabochons, to practice painting backwards. I had done some of these before, when I was just learning, and these are much better. I am still not in love with them, but a vast improvement. A lot of the fine edging, and the writing on the bag, were done with a toothpick, not a paint brush. This allowed me more control. Not sure what I am going to do with them, but can you tell they are snow covered pine trees? DJ says the one looks like a creepy dinosaur eye or something, lol. The painted house, was just a practice sheet. I like it so much, I am probably going to frame it and hang it. I do not like the way the one half came out, so if I can not fix it, I will just cut it in half and make a smaller picture. I really how the color blending came out. The large tree, which I thought I did not like, looks like the orange is coming through it, so I like it. So, I got some stuff done, but probably none of them will be for sale.

No comments:

Contact Email