Saturday, June 7, 2014

Painted Magnolia Leaves a Cat and a Peacock Zentangle Abstract Art

I decided to try something different, and paint on some of my Magnolia tree leaves. Magnolia leaves are big and a beautiful lush green color. I did notice, though, even though I sealed them before painting they are still drying out and getting a dark brown hue to them. I will have to watch this carefully. I will not be painting any more leaves until I am certain they will hold up over time. These two are listed in my Etsy store, but may be removed. The first is a cat silhouette outlined in gold sitting under the moon and the stars. I love this one. The second is a Peacock that I Zentangled or tangled the body of the peacock. I wanted to do the feathers on the tail as well, but it was just too small. I use a script liner paint brush, not brush pens like others, so it is extremely difficult. But, I love the challenge of doing it with a brush.


 I have finished another naptime buddy for baby, and will share that soon. Started a new bag that can be a beach bag, market bag, or even a diaper bag. Be sure to check back for that too.



6 comments:

A. Sparkle said...

Both the cat and the peacock look great! I would've never thought about painting on leaves, but that's a neat idea. Hope to see more. :) Have a great day!

PinkDiamondGirl said...

That's so cool and different.. I wish I could paint.. love your blog!

Melissa said...

A Sparkle thank you! It is really neat. I am sad to say the Peacock did not survive. But, it was totally my fault. While sealing it, I left it to dry in the sun, forgot and a thunderstorm came through. While the paint was still intact and pretty the rain made the leaf curl all up and look putrid.

PinkDiamondGirl, thank you. I wished I could paint too, until I started to paint. You have to start somewhere.

Unknown said...

That really is very original! What a great idea.

Melissa said...

Thank you!

Melissa said...

Thank you!

Contact Email