Friday, June 13, 2014

Alexandrite One of My Favorite Birth Stones

June has two birth stones, both of which are personal favorites of mine. I will start with the Alexandrite, named after Czar Alexander from Russia. It is a color change gemstone, going from green to red depending on lighting. India also has Alexandrite, but Russia is the most valuable source. To get a 100% color change is extremely rare. Most color change gemstones, only change a percentage amount. Some are called only color shift, because the change is such a small amount. I had two Alexandrites, on I sold, and one I kept. The one I kept I placed in a ring, and wore it every day for years. One year, unbeknownst to me it had fallen out of my ring, and I could find it nowhere. I was heart broken. If you can not afford Alexandrite, there are synthetic stones that are very nice. You can get a large synthetic with excellent color and color change for a small price compared to genuine Alexandrite.

 The picture shown below, is not Alexandrite. It is color shift Green Labradorite, some call it Andesine, but it has not been tested to be Andesine, but it was sold to me as Andesine. Anyway it is a color shift gemstone, and you should be able to see that in the image. It is set in a sterling silver ring. This ring is available in my store until July 5, 2014, and then it will be retired and no linger listed in my store. So, if you want a lovely color change/shift gemstone this one is affordable, but don't delay it will end soon. I offer a free layaway service.

4 comments:

Natural Home Maker said...

This is an interesting topic. I never knew their was an Alexandrite stone.

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

That is amazing, had no clue. I am so uninformed where jewelry is concerned :)

Beautiful ring :)

Have a great weekend, cheers, T. :)

Navneet Agarwal said...

we are manufacturer and supplier of gemstone based in Thailand and India. we sell online wholesale gemstone.

A. Sparkle said...

I had no idea that there were stones that did a color shift! That's really interesting though and the ring you have pictured is really very lovely. :) Great post.

Contact Email