Thursday, July 17, 2014

Unique Elephant Head with Ancient Plants Tangle Doodle Abstract Art

The whole past month, has been super busy, culminating with our homeschool evaluations yesterday. I say ours, because I am evaluated as much as my children are. It is done now, and we all did wonderful, so now I can relax a bit, for a while, lol.

 Monday is the day that I traditionally paint or draw. I have been drawing more, and I am finding I really like to draw. I did my first portrait the other day, and then painted it. I think I liked it better as a pencil drawing, but I will share that soon. The Ancient Tangle Facebook Group, posts a monthly challenge. I think this is the third one I have done using the Ancient plants. I really love the Ancient plants more than any of the other designs we have done so far. Anyway, I drew out a simple elephant head, and then lightly drew on the tangles. Then I used my paint pens to paint in the tangles. You can see the results. I am very pleased with this one. I love it as a matter of fact. You can purchase this piece of art by visiting my Etsy store. I offer free USA shipping, combined shipping and a free layaway service.




7 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks good!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi M. :)

I LOVE the way you have incorporated the 2 elements tog. :)

Have a lovely day, cheers, T. :)

A. Sparkle said...

Lovely drawing. :) I agree with you on portraits.. I like them much better in pencil than with paints. You can just be much more detailed with pencil.

Unknown said...

It looks great!!

Melissa said...

Thanks, to all! I really enjoyed this one,

SJW @ Heartland Photography said...

Beautiful, beautiful work! Gorgeous color!

Melissa said...

Thank you!

Contact Email