Monday, July 28, 2014

Another Solar Garden Upcycled Wine Jar Painted Lotus Flower Ancient Tangles

The August challenge for the Facebook group is up. I decided to do the Lotus flower type plants on a wine jug. My mom gave me about six more of them, and I was so happy. I put a solar light in them, and put them in the garden, and along the fence line. This one I painted orange, two layers, first. Then added the unique flowers, leaves and pot with ancient tangle patterns. This jar took about 3 hours to complete. It is easier to do the tangles with the paint pens, but they don't do good on top of a layer of paint, go figure. So, I used mostly acrylic paints, which takes substantially longer than the pens. I have started my painted gift bags back up, for the upcoming holiday season. Stay tuned for those. Plus, I have had angels on my mind lately. I am not sure why, but I love making them, and snowmen, lol. I was going to order some resin and make a whole bunch of snowmen, but I decided to wait until the end of August when some of this awful heat and humidity will begin to calm down. I have begun drying flowers with a new technique I read about, and I will let you know how that goes. I have so much to share. I better start doing a blog post everyday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great! I am also putting off work until the end of August. The weather is simply too hot ;)

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

So Bright and Colourful M. :)

Yep, I think the warm weather makes us a little less creative but we always have ideas :)

Happy Tuesday, cheers, T. :)

Melissa said...

Thank you ladies. I look forward to the cooler weather.

A. Sparkle said...

I really like the look of the bottle. I think the colors go together very nicely. The weather here in GA has been unusually cool, especially for August! I'm not ready for cooler weather yet, but I can definitely do without the humidity! :)

Melissa said...

Sparkle it is slightly cooler in the morning, which is nice. But it does not last long. Thanks for stopping by.

Contact Email