Friday, September 26, 2014

Have I Been Busy?

Yes, I have been very busy. So busy I feel like I can't keep up with my blogs. Some of that has to do with the fact that the kids and I are back to homeschooling. As you can imagine that takes up a lot of my time. The other day I was really feeling the need to draw. So, I drew out some pieces, and now I have to either paint them, or color in with colored pencils. Drawing takes a long time, at least I think it does. Since I am new to drawing, it takes me even longer. I have a very special truck drawn out for a boy's room. I will share when I am done. The gift bag shown below, was painted black and then the pink cat painted on. I love painting the gift bags. I have sold one, a penguin bag, but would love to sell more of these. They are great as gift wrap, then the person it was used for can frame the art and keep it forever. Check out my Etsy store to see all my hand painted gift bags.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Home schooling! Wow! I want to home school when I have kids some day. I just don't feel they teach the right things or the whole story of things in schools these days. Plus I don't trust schools to keep our kids safe anymore.

I absolutely love the bag. I know that it may take some time to do, but have you thought about offering bags that shop owners could get their logos painted or printed on? I think it would be great but it is not my area of expertise!

Melissa said...

Porsha, that is definitely a good idea. I don't know about the printing part. I think the bag would have to cost so much money due to ink prices. Large sellers can do it because they can mass produce. The painting though is a very good idea. I will have to look into that. Thanks for the great idea. I hope you get to homeschool one day. We love it.

LanasArtStudio said...

I think after summer of slow past it feels like time is crazy. Welcome to busy season my friend!
xx, Lana

Unknown said...

The cat looks great! And I can't wait to see the truck you are drawing.
It is true that this is the busy season for all us Etsy sellers.

Melissa said...

Thank you ladies. Here is to lots of holiday sales.

Contact Email