Sunday, September 28, 2014

Getting Ready For the Holidays and Some Odds and Ends

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  So, this blog will be changed to all pink for the month of October. 

As you probably know the holidays are quickly approaching.  I have been racking my brain feverishly thinking of all the things I want to create by then.  I don't think I have enough time, lol.  I just finished a crocheted orange and black blanket that I absolutely love.  I used a different method for changing colors and it was so much easier.  It will be in my Etsy store tomorrow.  I must tell you if you are a Cincinnati Bengals fan, or love tigers you might want to check it out.  My goal, eventually, is to make a crocheted blanket in every color combo for every football team. 

To help my readers, and followers on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook, I will be doing a flash sale every day until December.  There will be a different special each day.  To ensure I do not attract re sellers, my jewelry pieces will not get drastically marked down.  Sorry, but if there is something I can't stand is someone buying something they did not create with the soul purpose of selling it for more.  My Twitter is @melissasjewelry, Pinterest is iaminterested, and Facebook Melissa's Menagerie of Stuff.  Look me up and follow along.  I will not be posting all the flash sales here on this blog, so you will have to follow along in one of the other places.  It will show up on the Facebook widget on this page, so you could still visit this blog and find it easy enough. 

Speaking of jewelry.  I was so happy to see some of the jewelry casting sellers, that I used to buy from on Ebay, selling on Etsy.  Though I am currently learning new ways to create jewelry, I have always loved and been drawn to traditional settings.  So, I will definitely be making some new pieces using those traditional settings.  Just not sure when, lol.  I guess you will  have to visit this blog often and find out. 

I have noticed one thing, about Etsy.  There is a whole group of people who do not think that making jewelry with traditional settings is handmade.  Trust me I can tell you hand setting gemstones in those settings is for sure handmade.  Maybe I don't melt the silver, and then cast the setting myself, but I do hand set the gemstones, and it is not easy, and it takes a long time to learn how to do it too.  It is a craft, and if they want to be rude so be it. 

No comments:

Contact Email