Sunday, December 27, 2015

Are You Ready for New Years 2016?

So, are you ready for the new year?  Have you thought about resolutions, and such?  I don't really do resolutions.  Nothing like setting yourself up for failure, lol.  But, I do try to set small, attainable goals, or make progress on goals already started.

For this blog, my crafting blog, I have the following short term goals:

1-  Continue to improve my drawing and painting.  Maybe expand to other mediums, such as watercolors.

2-  Make more wood burned items.  I have only had time to do a few of wood burned items, and I do so enjoy learning how to do it.

3-  Continue making jewelry, and maybe add some new gemstones to my personal collection.  I have expanded a lot in my wire wrapping, beading is still not a favorite, but maybe as I learn more that will change.  I have sold almost all my inventory of my traditional setting jewelry pieces.  So, I would like to replenish my inventory a little bit.  I still have a ton of gemstones that need setting. 

4-  Probably not in 2016, but eventually, I would love to be able to melt my own metals, and make my own jewelry settings.  That has been a long term goal for a while now, lol.

5- I want to learn some new crochet topics.  Though, no matter how many sweaters I begin, or big afghans, those big projects are not the ones I enjoy doing.  I mostly love items that have to do with holiday decor. 

6-  Expand my promoting skills for my Etsy store, and my brand new Society 6 store.  Be sure to check them both out, by clicking on the widgets in the left hand column of this blog. 

7-  Last but not least, continue to learn and improve my photography skills. 

So, what are your goals for 2016?

No comments:

Contact Email