Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blue Star Sapphire Ring

This is one of my favorite rings ever. I am not sure if I want to sell it, or keep it. It is a blue star sapphire, of excellent quality. The star is equal, and the legs go all the way to the bottom of the cabachon. It is set in sterling silver, and is a size 6. Star Sapphires can be both natural, enhanced, or synthetic. One of the most famous synthetic star sapphire is the Lindy Star Sapphire. You can tell a Lindy Star from a fraud because it will have a L engraved into the back of the stone. This ring setting has a fancy filigree design to it. This star sapphire was sold to me as natural in color, with no treatments. It is a 7mmx5mm oval. One more way of telling if your star sapphire is synthetic or natural, is if the star stays exactly in the middle and never moves. The star should shift with movement of the gemstone.

3 comments:

CB said...

Very pretty, my engagement ring was a sapphire. I love the rich blue color. :)

Melissa said...

Sapphire is the original engagement stone. My sister chose a sapphire when she got engaged too. Thank you so much for stopping by

CB said...

That's interesting, I never knew sapphire was the original engagement stone. I've just never been a huge fan of Diamonds myself. :)

Contact Email