Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pink Zircon and CZ Ring

Zircon is one of the oldest gemstones, known to man. It is almost always natural in color, with no enhancements. Matter of fact the CZ which is a man made gemstone, was made because of the popularity, and scarcity of natural Zircon. Zircon can be found in a variety of colors. This one was sold to me as Imperial Zircon, which I am not sure what that means, but it is a pinky peach, with a hint of orange color. It is a 6mm Trillion that I set in a stunning sterling silver, size 6, cz semi mount. It is rhodium plated to prevent tarnishing, that also means it can not be sized. This stunning ring will be available to purchase, in my missy69 Etsy store. Zircon is a very durable gemstone with a hardness of 8, on the Mohs hardness scale.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, nice blog
Your Blog is More interesting.great work.
...if possible at ur free time visit mine..and give ur suggestion to improve..
i am very happy to add you in my blogroll as friends if u like..!!

Melissa said...

Thank you, I will check out your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's lovely!!

Beaderjojo said...

I would love to colaborate with you on a piece for your anniversary!
The stones jade and pearl...are you hoping for the actual stones or just the colors?
I have a gorgeous oval jade cabachon, its just about the size of the rivoli you liked. That could possibly be worked into something.
Feel free to email me at joanna@uniqueyou.org with any details or requests. Thanks!

Melissa said...

Thank you I will definitely contact you. I am a little under the weather right now, but I will definitely get to it, thank you.

Laane, thank you so much.

Contact Email