Thursday, April 30, 2009

White Buffalo Turquoise Magnesite Pendant


This lovely gemstone is Magnesite, also known as the White Buffalo Turquoise. It is not actually from the Turquoise family, but due to the matrix like veins it has been referred to as white turquoise for many years. The Native Americans believe this gemstone to have mythical powers, and is a cherished part of their culture. Last year for Christmas I made my mother a pendant, and matching earrings for her birthday. You may remember them if you follow this blog. This gemstone is actually quite fragile, with about a 4 on the Mohs hardness scale, and care should be taken when wearing or cleaning it. Due to this being a pendant, it is pretty safe, rings, and braceletes would not be recommended. This pendant was made using copper colored craft wire, and it shows the front and back of the pendant. It is reversible and can be worn either way, with the design slightly different on either side. This lovely pendant is available for sale in my Etsy store, for 14.99, or can be purchased through this blog if you do not have Etsy. Please contact me at darien04@gmail.com for details, or click on my Etsy mini on this blog.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

That's a lovely pendant. I love the veins in the white.

Melissa said...

Thank you Lynn, have a great day,

betchai said...

wow, i love your design Melissa, so dainty and elegant. Love the brown accentuating the white and the veins running through the white background.

Melissa said...

Thank you betchai, it is definitely one of the more unique gemstones I have found.

Laura said...

Very pretty. I don't think I have ever seen that stone before. Nice design.

Unknown said...

Hi.. That's great. You have posted here a very good post with necessary stuffs. You can visit our website to have a look on our White Buffalo Jewelry products.

Good work. I am waiting to read your more new posts.

Contact Email