Monday, April 13, 2009

Look At What My Eight Year Old Son Made

My kids have been watching make my jewelry, for years. Obviously they have picked up on some of the things when I do it. I had purchased this ring casting, and thought I bent it, so I set it aside thinking it was unusable. My son came to me the other day, and said look what I made for you. He had a nice synthetic Ruby, he collects stones too, and he had set it in the casting. Now it wasn't perfect, I had to tighten the prongs more for him, but still he did a good job. He was so excited, and I wear it proudly. Do you have crafty children? Please share.


6 comments:

Laura said...

How sweet of your son to make that for you. My daughter made me a necklace once when she went to a beading class with a friend. She brought it home and I was so surprised. I will have to post a picture of it on my blog.

Anne said...

That is so fabulous! My kids are way craftier than me, but I still get some pretty bad jewelry. How can you not wear it, even if it isn't perfect.

Melissa said...

Thank you to both of you. I think it is very hard to not show off the things our kids do.

Julie McClelland said...

I wish we were crafty. I've always been envious of peoples outstanding talents in that department :-)

Unfortunately my boys have inherited mine and their fathers lack of in that department too.

We just have to carry on supporting those of you that are.

Melissa said...

My husband can do wood working, and he wants to do some simple things with my son. Thanks for your support, it is great to have.

Nhil said...

I have yet to see after I get married this December. :)

But I remembered being crafty as a kid but totally lost it when I grew up.

You got a very sweet and thoughtful son! He deserves a 'hug' reward :)

Have a great day!

Contact Email