Monday, April 20, 2009

My First Attempt At Chainmaille












I blogged about this lovely Island Rights Wood Pendant, last week. This lovely pendant is from Artbeads. While deciding what I wanted to do with this lovely pendant, I came across some blogs about Chainmaille. I thought it looked interesting, and would give it a try. I found these lovely colored jumprings, they are aluminum, not sterling silver, or gold. The pretty blue ones are 10mm, and the soft green ones, are 8mm. I assembled them together to make the necklace, and drop for the pendant. I did not use any tools, when assembling the necklace. This is rough on your hands, but it assures that I do not scratch the jumprings. I am not overly pleased with the results of the pictures, as it does not show the beauty of the colored rings. I will be taking more pictures today, to post tomorrow. This lovely necklace, will be available for sale in my Etsy shop for 49.99 You can also purchase it here through my blog, by contacting me at darien04@gmail.com for details.

I really enjoyed the Chainmaille, and will be looking for more designs to try.

6 comments:

Laura said...

It is very pretty. I like the Chainmaille.

Melissa said...

I do too, I can not wait to try some of the more complicated ones

Lynn said...

Very pretty. I'd love to learn to do chainmail.

Melissa said...

Thank you, I will see if I can find some learning tutorials to post.

Anne said...

That is so pretty. I am very uncrafty so would never be able to learn to do it myself, but I would love to try. I am looking forward to your tutorials.

Melissa said...

You would be surprise how not hard this was. I will be adding some tutorials soon.

Contact Email