Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Different Kind Of Advent Calendar

Wow sharing pictures with all of you has all of a sudden become a pain. My PC has decided that I need a new one, and will not download pics, so I have to download them to the laptop then email them to myself to use them. Ugh what a pain.

At any rate I wanted to share this with you as it is a craft after all. It is as of today 25 days until Christmas. I saw this idea for an advent calendar in a magazine, and tweeked it to suit my needs. They had a big fancy wooden bowl that they put the candles in. I used a round metal tin like a pizza pan, added 25 candles, cinnamon scented pinecones, and not pictured are tumbled rocks we got at the Aquarium when we visited. You can add garland, beads or whatever you like to it. Then every night you light one candle, until all 25 are lit, and then it is Christmas. I actually think this would be lovely as floating candles in water as well. Wish I had thought of that first. Some people count day one as tonight then the 25th is lit on Christmas Eve. I start on the first and the 25th is lit on Christmas. Try it, and tell me how you like it.

4 comments:

Deborah Lambson said...

I feel your pain..this falls under the you never appreciate what you have until you don't have it category, and I am experiencing the same~ :-)
Sweet idea!

Reeni said...

I love this idea! Yours looks so pretty and festive!

Melissa said...

Thank you to both of you.

vintage rings said...

I like your idea of managing things so well.I want to know how you done that.It looks very beautiful and amzing.And the way you picturise all this is wonderful.Thanks for sharing this with us.

Contact Email