Thursday, March 24, 2011

Learn To Paint The Cabbage Rose

I know this blog is mainly about gemstones and jewelry, but I am expanding it a bit to include other crafts I am learning, or want to learn. I have recently began working on my counted cross stitch works again, and I want to learn to paint so badly. My mom gave me a whole set of Donna Dewberry VHS tapes. Until I can get the very old VHS player hooked up, these short little videos will do. They say the one stroke painting method is the easiest to learn. I just watched this video, and granted I have not tried it yet, it didn't look so easy. Do you paint? Do you use this method?

4 comments:

Gina Alfani said...

I have used Donna Dewberry's method of painting for a very long time and I love it. It doesn't take long to learn and it is very easy.

Have fun . . . Gina

Melissa said...

Thank you Gina. I can not wait until I can give it a try.

CuteandCrafty said...

I have now been painting with Donna Dewberry for about 6 months. I love it and I am getting better all the time. I am sure you will love it as well.

Melissa said...

Thank you, I hope I can learn it sometime soon. Time is a major issue for me.

Contact Email