Monday, July 16, 2012

Painting a Tin Pail

On Monday, Caitlin and I usually sit down to paint. My husband has a firehouse meeting every Monday, and it is a perfect time to paint. Since the last two weeks have been so crazy with 4H and homeschool evals, I have not had a lot of spare time. Today, was my first attempt at painting on tin. I saw this red tin pail at the Dollar General, and finally bought one. Now it does already have a pattern on it, so it is not smooth. This did make it somewhat difficult to navigate my paint brush. I am still quite happy with the results. Of course the first shot is sunflowers, but I don't use traditional colors when I paint any of my flowers. You can see the results. On the other side is roses, and daisies. Roses are a no no without a smooth surface, ugh they just don't come out well. Daisies I tried a different brush and I just didn't like it. It is acceptable, but not how I will paint daisies again. Still working on vines and stems. Caitlin painted one of her favorite movie characters, Bolt. I am always amazed at her talent. Then I bought a pair of pink flip flops for a buck, and painted my favorite football team's logo on them, the Buffalo Bills. The first one I did was rough, had a better hang of it by the second one. Better yet, I have a new pair of cool shoes. The last paper is just practice flowers and swirlies. I love painting, and I hope to continue to grow and learn.

2 comments:

Reeni said...

You are both talented! Everything looks great!

Melissa said...

Thank you, Reeni

Contact Email