Thursday, October 11, 2012

Precious Opal

For the month of October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I will be trying to post about all things pink and Opals. Opals because I love them, and they are the birthstone for babies born in October, but Pink Tourmaline can also be used as an alternate. Opal is not necessarily rare. There is Common Opal which is basically just white, with very little or no play of color to it. Precious Opal is a fine Opal with beautiful play of color. There are synthetic Opals, doublets and triplets, plus Mexican Fire Opal and Brazilian Fire Opal. Jelly Opals are some of my favorites. I hope to cover all of these in the month of October. I had one Opal doublet ring, that had the most brilliant colors. I sold it, and I hope the owner is wearing it with great pride. The video below will tell you about Opals in general. Check it out.

No comments:

Contact Email