Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Resin Bangle Bracelets?

I have been dying to get bangle molds, for resin. Well, I finally got two and could not wait to pour the resin. Let me tell you something, one they use a ton of resin. You would have to charge a small fortune to make these. Two, they are almost impossible to get out of the molds. I have had no issues, up until these. It took me, my son, and a nail file to finally get them out of the mold. I am not sure I will be using these again, at least not the thicker one. The other thing is the thinner bangle, is very small. I have a six inch wrist, and it would not even fit me. That means it would be for a child at best. I was so disappointed I wanted to cry. Then, I realized I put the embeds in wrong on the smaller bangle. So, I sealed it, placed a jar top on it to hold a candle, and voila a beautiful candle holder. Now, I would recommend that instead of putting the candle right in the top like I did, that you actually use a candle that is already in something to catch the wax. Otherwise the lid fills up after a couple of hours with wax, and can leak down the sides. The second, now candle holder, is much thicker, and has elephant beads embedded in it. The smaller one has lady cameos, and coral roses. I only have a very tiny bit of resin left, to make a couple of small pieces. So, I will be waiting to be sure what I want to make. In the meantime I have started a new baby cocoon, and continue to use the resin pieces I have already made to make them into various projects. I have several headbands done, and jewelry pieces too. I think I am going to list these two not bangles in my Etsy store, and see what kind of response I get.



3 comments:

The Everyday Owl said...

Ohhhh cool :)

Unknown said...

What a shame that it did not work properly. It is great that you found another purpose for it though!

Melissa said...

Thank you both. I actually like them as a candle stand rather than a bracelet.

Contact Email