Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Working On Some New Projects

I had intended, to make a ton of new jewelry yesterday. However, it did not work out that way. I was very frustrated, spending almost 2 hours on Fire Mountain Gems website, even though I knew what I wanted. Their site is typically slow, but wow I was getting really frustrated. Anyway I got the items I need to make a surprise necklace, for my mom for Christmas. I can not wait to have it made, and share it with everyone. I also want to finish the crochet, with leaf dangle doily I am making for my dining room table. Of course, I want it done before Thanksgiving, so I am stressing to work extra long on it. It is coming out really nice. This beautiful necklace, was my first attempt at making a beaded necklace. The focal teardrop, is blue glass, and I just could not resist buying it, it is such a stunning color. I thought I was clever, because I bought a wire choker with magnetic closure, well the Hematite beads did not have holes big enough, to fit over the closure. Grr, so I used very thin sterling silver wire, and wrapped them to the neck wire. The look is lovely. I love the blue and black together, and the Hematite beads are magnetic, so if you are into healing, these would be great. This lovely necklace is for sale in my Etsy store. The first person to spend 25 dollars or more, before shipping, gets a free ss black sapphire ring, posted in an earlier post. Dont miss out on this great deal.


2 comments:

Bea said...

Wow. I don't have any problems looking at the FMG site from home... have you cleaned your cache out recently? And your cookies/offline files?

*scratches head* I don't know why it would be that way. My home computer's a slug, pretty much....

Melissa said...

Their site is typically slower than others, especially loading their pictures, but that day it was awful. I dont think it was on my end, as everything else was working fine. Maybe they had tons of people on buying stuff, I dont know.

Contact Email