Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Combination Of Black And White In Jewelry

I do not know about you, but I love black and white together. In jewelry it is especially lovely. I actually like to combine black stones, with a lot of colors including, blue, red, and pink. There are a lot of black gemstones, available for jewelry making. There is Black Spinel, Sapphire, Onyx, Diamonds, just to name a few. Black Spinel used to be available in only huge carat weights, making it difficult to use as an accent stone. I recently was able to purchase 3 6mm round Black Spinel gemstones, the perfect size for jewelry making. I set one of them in this lovely sterling silver ring, surrounded by CZ's. The result is this stunning ring, that I wear almost everyday as part of my wedding set. I am not sure what I will do with the other two stones, yet. The other ring pictured, is a Black Sapphire ring, set in sterling silver. That ring, is a size 6 and is being offered as a promotional item, for my Etsy shop. The first person to purchase 25 dollars or more, before shipping, from my Etsy shop missy69, then return to this blog and state they have made the purchase will win that lovely ring for absolutely nothing.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there!

I'm kinda dropping by randomly (& kinda dropping by to hit you with my EC) to tell you about this new selling site I found. It's called ArtFire.com & you should check it out.

It's still really, really new (still in beta) but it's heading in a really good direction! They are already buying advertising online & in print magazines to bring in traffic to the site. (It's already got almost as much traffic as indiepublic.com)

It's got stats for shop views so you know where your customers are coming from! I know! Gasp! Faint! Right? hehe

& it's just $7 a month (for the first 5000 artists) to list & sell as much as you can FOREVER. $7 a month no matter what! I signed up on that alone! haha

Anyhoo, it is new so there aren't zillions of people using it (which is good & bad) but I thought you might want to take a look at it. With the ad campaign they are working on kicking in soon (or so they are saying), I think it's going to be a good place to start listing!

If you sign up, give me a yell & let me know what you think!

Always,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I will check it out.

Contact Email