Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pink Peatunias Soft Baby Girl Cocoon with Pink Boa Fringe

Continuing with my goal to make a bunch of pink items for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Is this not the cutest thing ever? This is my first time using this bulky yarn. It is so soft, and wonderful. It feels like our rabbit's fur, it is so soft. It is a little more expensive, and kind of hard on the hands, but so worth it. I will be using more of this yarn, for lots of projects. I couldn't get the hat to come out right, yarn was too bulky. But, it is adorable all by itself. This is a baby cocoon for a newborn infant girl. These make awesome photo props for photographers, or parents who just want to take their own shots without spending a fortune. It is also a sleeping cocoon, for warmth in the cold months. All yarn is warm, but this is super warm. The boa is attached but can easily be removed. I do not suggest letting baby sleep with the boa on. It would be very dangerous to do so. So, please remove it when done with pictures. I also think my cocoons would make great kitten, or cat caves. They would have a ball with any of the cocoons available in my store. You can see all my cocoons by visiting my Etsy store. I really want to get some new jewelry pieces created, so I have to get going on that.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

The yarn looks lovely, I really like the colors you used as well :)

Melissa said...

Thank you! It is so soft.

LanasArtStudio said...

Pink is my favorite! I like to see it in your creation!

A. Sparkle said...

That's a great idea and it does look very soft. I haven't worked with a lot of chunky yarn yet, but this has inspired me to try it again. :) Have a lovely day!
-A

Melissa said...

You need tough fingers, lol. I don't know how anyone with arthritis could use this yarn. I love it though. I can't wait to see what you create.

Contact Email