Monday, August 10, 2015

Picasso Painted Flip Flops Wear Your Art on Your Feet and A Painted Shower Curtain

This is the fourth pair of painted flip flops I have done. This pair, for whatever reason was the most difficult. I painted over the roses, didn't like them, painted over the pumpkins didn't like them, so then I decided to go for an abstract look. I love Picasso faces! They are so unique and interesting. So, I painted some Picasso inspired faces on these flip flops, and I love them. I will definitely have to do other sizes, and different face shapes. They are so interesting. These are a size small, and will be available in my Etsy shop on this Friday, August 13th.

 Also, today, I finally got to paint my shower curtain. If you follow this blog, then you know back in March I painted my whole bathroom, in reds and pinks, with white flowers. Even the shower walls got painted. So, of course I wanted a new shower curtain. Sorry, but I am not spending 40 dollars on a shower curtain. So, I painted my own. Now, I have to say this is not exactly what I wanted, but it will suffice for now. I had to spread it out on the front porch, which was incredibly hot even at 11 AM. Then I had to keep it stretched with my feet, while standing on it. My neighbors must have thought I was nuts, especially since I had my bathing suit on. That was on purpose, lol. I knew I would be hot and sweaty, so when finished I got in the pool. I used acrylic paint, and sealer, and it is hanging in the bathroom right now. I attempted some flowers, but eh I didn't like them at all on the rough wood surface of the porch. Next time I attempt this, I will lie it out on the old dining room table and go in sections. It did instantly brighten up the bathroom, and it looks quite lovely in there.

No comments:

Contact Email