Saturday, December 13, 2008

Huge Millifiori Glass Bead and Bead Pen

Look at what I got. Are these not magnificent? Did you know there was such a thing as a bead pen? The top of the pen comes off, and you can add beads to the shaft of the pen, making a sylish and one of a kind pen. If you know someone who uses a pen everyday such as say a DR, Nurse, Executive, or Secretary, these would make wonderful gifts. It does require a large holed bead, and I got it from http://www.artbeads.com
I can not wait to show you what it looks like after I find the perfect beads for it. I thought I had the right beads, already, but they did not fit, so I have to order more supplies.

The other is a huge, 40mm Milliefiori glass bead. It is orange tones, with a huge hole, to accommodate even an omega. I have some great ideas, of what I want to do with this. I am thinking something with an orange, or copper colored pearl design. I have to get the rest of my supplies, and when it is completed I will share again. This too came from http://www.artbeads.com They have a huge selection of beads, and other jewelry making supplies. I could spend all day there, just browsing their items. Their inventory is large, and in charge. They offer free shipping, to the United States, too. How great is that?

I am very new to beading, and am very excited to see what I make with these wonderful products.

Happy Saturday, everyone. Stay warm, it is freezing here, again in N Florida. Yes, I said it was freezing. I will probably have to open the pool in January, because we have already had our winter, very strange indeed.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, looks interesting, and yes, the picture on the left is magnificent, does not even look like a pen. just wow!

Melissa said...

The bead is actually much lovelier, than my picture shows. It took me a while to decide what to do with it, now I just wait for my supplies to arrive. The pen is very cool, and wait until you see it after I add the very cool beads I bought for it.

Dave Robertson said...

Hi Melissa, I'm eager to see what you do with the pen. Show off your creations! BTW, you say you're pretty new to beading, can I mention that we also sell millefiori beads and beadable pens...plus about 20,000 more items, priced at wholesale. Anyway, thank you for sharing your finds!

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Melissa said...

Thank you Dave, I will be sure to check out your site. I will definitely share the completed project.

Dave Robertson said...

That's great, Melissa, let me know if there's anything I can help with.

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Contact Email