Monday, December 8, 2008

A New Wedding Band For Me

I have not been making much new jewelry, the past few weeks. The reason for that is, I have been doing Christmas shopping, and preparing for the holidays. This all takes up a lot of time, as I am sure you are aware. I have been wanting a new wedding band for sometime. Why, you ask? For one thing, as I have posted before, I am not a huge fan of the Diamond. I do love Blue Diamonds, and Yellow Diamonds, but I am a frugal kind of lady, who also wants good quality. So these have eluded me. So I look to other colored gemstones to satisfy my needs for lovely color, and clarity. Since I have a small hand, size 4 1/2 for my ring finger, I like petit jewelry, but that also makes a statement. I do not usually wear my engagement ring, as it always looks like too much on my hand. My wedding band, is almost too petit, to be noticed. So I decided to make myself a little bit of a bigger wedding band, and just not wear the engagement ring. I found a lovely wedding band, that holds 8 round 2.5mm gemstones. So I bought it, and went on my quest for the stones. This took quite a long time. Then I found these color change Sapphires. I love color change gemstones, and when I got these in the mail, I was stunned. They are so much prettier than the picture shown when I purchased them. They have amazing clarity, and sparkle. They change from a stunning purple, to pink color. I am so happy I bought these. I also bought some Pink Tourmaline, just in case, but they did not have the sparkle that these have. So I am anxiously waiting for my ring setting, so I can put it all together. It is coming from over seas, and had to be resized, so it is taking a bit longer than usual. I can not wait to share it with everyone, once I get it all done. I am so excited!

No comments:

Contact Email