Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Never Ending Quest To Learn The Beaded Bezel

Yesterday, in the mail, I got a new Fire Mountain Gems catalog. As I was browsing through it I noticed a design for a beaded cabachon. So I went to their website, to check out their free tutorials. I have never paid much attention to their tutorials, just never thought of it. They had two of the kind I was looking for. After watching them both, I saw that there are other methods to achieve the same outcome. They used felt, and some interesting material I had never heard of. They used a couching stitch, and the back stitch, as the main bezel stitches. These appeared to be much easier to learn, than the one I have tried. I can not wait to get time, to try out these two new techniques. I am fairly certain, I have some felt around here somewhere. I hope everyone has a great day. If you have not checked out Fire Mountain Gems tutorials, they have both video, and printable forms, I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for the information on the tutorials. I can't wait to see your finished product.

Melissa said...

Thank you Laura, I can not wait to give it a try.

Contact Email