Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How To Set Gemstones In A Non Snaptite Setting

If you go back in my archives, you will see the video that showed you how to set gemstones into a snaptite setting. Snaptite are by far the easiest to set stones in. Now you can learn how to set them into traditional prong setttings. The first gemstone setting tool, is rather expensive, but nice if you can afford one. I do not own one, about 60 dollars, but I have one on my list. You can use just plain old gemstone setting pliers, about 10 dollars, those are the ones I have. Be sure to watch both videos, and you can watch it as many times as you need, to get the procedure down. It does take a lot of practice, and is not as easy as they make it look. Start with inexpensive settings, and poor quality, or cheaper gemstones, in case you chip, crack, or otherwise break your materials. Most of all, have fun, and start making your own jewelry.






2 comments:

Jackie said...

Thank you so much for placing an ad with me. Please forgive my moment of insanity where your ad looked as if it were a paid ad.

I am thrilled to know your blog will be on my site ad once again thanks so very much!
Jackie

Melissa said...

Nope no paid ads from me. I like anything free LOL.

Contact Email