Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Grossular Garnet Also Called Tsavorite Garnet






The Garnet group, is such a diverse group of gemstones. Garnet is found, in almost every color of the rainbow, with the exception of blue. By far the most expensive, and sought after is the Tsavorite, or Grossular Garnet. It is a lovely emerald green color, and is completely natural, with no treatment. Like all Garnets, Tsavaorite Garnet, has a hardness of 6 1/2- 7 1/2, on the Mohs Hardness Scale. I do have one ring, that is Tsavorite Garnet, but I did not make it. I purchased this Tsavorite Garnet ring some time ago. It is a lovely green color, and surrounded by diamonds, set in yellow gold. I very rarely wear gold, but I just loved this ring. Tsavorite Garnet, is a very rare, expensive, and exotic gemstone. It can be found in Kenya, and Tanzania, and was first discovered in the 1970's. If you are a true collector, you really need to have at least one piece of Tsavorite Garnet, in your collection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stone! I'll have to keep my eye out for one.

Confessions of a Baltimore Housewife

Anonymous said...

Thank you, they can be expensive, but if you be patient you can find a good deal.

Contact Email