Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 17 Pear Shape Jade Wire Weaved and Wrapped Pendant

Today is day 17of the 30 Days of Creativity Challenge. This is my first real wire wrapped piece, that was not a real simple, basic wrap. This incorporates weaving and wrapping together. I really like the wire weave, it is interesting to do, and I just thoroughly enjoyed learning this. Now, don't misunderstand. I have been learning wire wrapping for several years now. I just never liked any of them enough to attempt to sell them. This one I love. The stone is a pear shaped lovely soft green Jade. I used two different colors of craft wire to weave and wrap. There is silver and mauve colors. I don't know if it shows in the images or not. The bail is large, with a 1/2 inch opening, to accommodate any kind of neck chain, wire, omega, whatever you wanted to put this pendant on. The whole piece measures just about 2 1/2 inches in length. This will be available to purchase in my Etsy store.

1 comment:

UniqueNique said...

Well done it is very pretty ;~D

Contact Email