Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 15 of 30 Days of Creativity: Unique and Modern Wire Wrapped Watch

Today is Day 15 of the 30 Days of Creativity challenge. We are halfway there, and I am having so much fun. I also am one step closer to creating a wire wrapped watch, that I absolutely love. This one is just six inches long, and fits me perfectly, so yep you guessed it, it is mine. I may list it, let it run one cycle, if no one buys it, I will be more than happy to wear it myself. I am going to try to make a larger version over the weekend. I only have one watch face left. And am getting low on wire too. I hate to buy new supplies until I exhaust what I already have. It is the frugal in me. If you all go and buy some stuff, in my Etsy store, then I can buy lots of supplies, lol! Anyway this watch uses two different colors of wire, silver and like a mauvy peach color. It is weaved to make the band. You can weave tighter or looser, I like them both, but tighter is kind of not as modern looking. I made the one end of the band into a ball, so it could connect and hold in place both sides. Wire is funny. This particular craft wire is very flexible and pliable, so it doesn't always hold its shape real awesome like. Stiffer wire holds excellent, but is extremely difficult to work with, and in my opinion harsh to look at. I am a softer, gentler kind of lady. Tell me what you think. Don't be shy now.

2 comments:

UniqueNique said...

I think it is really looking good well done ;~D

Melissa said...

Thank you!

Contact Email