Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 16 of 30 Days of Creativity: Green Chrome Diopside Cocktail Ring

Today, for day 16, I returned to my original love, creating fabulous jewelry with faceted gemstones and traditional type settings. I placed this beautiful Kelly green Chrome Diopside into a cocktail style setting. This is a petite ring, size 6, and the stone is 6mmx4mm or appx half a carat. Chrome Diopside is a completely natural gemstone, and is found only in Siberia. Some people refer to it as a Siberian Emerald. It is not an emerald, but sure looks like a fine quality one indeed. Some Chrome is so intensely dark, it can look black. As you can see this one is a beauty. I have one other Chrome Diopside piece listed in my Etsy store. The mines are supposedly beginning to dry up, so get yours why you can. If you are a May baby, this would make a lovely alternative birthstone choice.

No comments:

Contact Email